Sailnumbers for windsurfing racing classes
RS:X, Formula Experience, Raceboard, Slalom and Techno293
New rule, valid from January 1st 2009 till December 31st 2012
as approved in ISAF Submission: 228-07
Racing Rules of Sailing 2009-2012
NEW B2.4 Identification on Sails
(b) Rules G1.3(a), G1.3(c), G1.3(d) and G1.3(e) are changed to
The class insignia shall be displayed once on each side of the sail in the area above a line projected at right angles from a point on the luff of the sail one-third of the distance from the head to the wishbone. The national letters and sail numbers shall be in the central third of that part of the sail above the wishbone, clearly separated from any advertising,
The national letters and sail number shall be black in colour and applied “back to back” on an opaque white background to the sail. The opaque background shall extend a minimum of 30 mm beyond the national letters and sail number. Between the national letters and sail number a ”-“ and normal spacing shall be applied.
To summarize this new rule
- Black letters on white opaque background
- the sailnumbers will be applied back to back
- National letters and sail numbers shall be in capital letters and arabic numerals.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ
- Only typefaces giving the same or better legibility than Helvetica and arial are acceptable.
- Between the national letters and sail number a ”-“ and normal spacing shall be applied
- The white opaque background shall extend minimum 30 mm around the letters and numbers
- minimum height of letters and numbers: 230 mm
- minimum distance between letters and numbers: 45 mm
- Width of numbers and letters (except “1” or “I”): 150 mm
- Width for M and W: 160 mm
- Thickness letters and numbers: 30 mm
APPENDIX 4 SAIL AREAS
If you dissect the sail above the boom into three parts, from the luff:
In the top third you have space for the red diamond (ladies) and the (minimum of 230mm) class insignia; Manufacturers names or logos may be placed in two places
The middle third is where you place your national letters and sail numbers as close as possible to the leech, back to back
The lower third, and in the back half of that area, is the place reserved for event sponsors, maximum 1 square meter. (The maximum height and width of the event-advertising sticker is 1 meter) One makers mark may be displayed each side on spars
The rest of the sail (below the boom and the front half of the lower third above the boom) can be used for personal sponsors.